These are just a few examples of past marriage proposals ranging in style and budget by The Yes Girls™. The marriage proposal ideas below are 100% catered to our clients relationships. You can have an original and personalized engagement story too by clicking get started.
1. Paris Flea Market Marriage Proposal...On an NYC rooftop, with the romance of Paris and her love of art, museums, and flea markets, his marriage proposal was sure to be perfect. View full Marriage Proposal Story.
2. Pixar's Up! Inspired Marriage Proposal...Her favorite love story is her own grandparents which is why she fell in love with the endearing love story in Pixar's Up! She how he brought their perfect story to life. View Full Marriage Proposal Story.
"The Yes Girls Events made my life easier overall. I own an entertainment and event company, Willie Fun Events so I know how important the details can be in creating the perfect moment. I wanted to use someone that was an expert in this field. I gave them all the inspiration and they brought it to life. The best part of working with the girls was I was able to have a destination proposal without sweating the details. I was able to continue enjoying my vacation while they took care of every detail. Janel and I are very happy with the end result. It is truly a moment we'll cherish forever and will share with the generations to come. Thank you Yes Girls!"
- Steve, Las Vegas, NV
Thank you! Steve is an entertainment professional so it makes complete sense. He is a perfectionist and The Yes Girls services allowed him to enjoy the day vs. running around figuring out the details. -Janel, Steve's Fiancee
4. Napa Valley Vineyard Marriage Proposal...This fun-loving couple got engaged at a private vineyard. Hanging promises and pink flowers set the scene for this breathtaking proposal...View full Marriage Proposal Story.
5. Her Own Musical Houston Marriage Proposal...He got her all dolled up before sending her to the performance of a lifetime. She arrived to the theater to find herself watching her favorite and very own muscial...View full Marriage Proposal Story.
7. A Disney Inspired Fairy Tale Marriage Proposal...She thought she was filmed to be a part of a Disneyland documentary but when she got home her fiancé gave her a personalized fairy tale book, then she watched their story book come to life on screen. View full Marriage Proposal Story.
When I proposed to my beautiful, soon-to-be wife Jess, The Yes Girls provided us with an amazing opportunity that was way beyond my resources and creativity. Not only did they help us be part of a Sand Masters television episode on the Travel Channel, The Yes Girls also made sure we were surrounded by a customized sand sculpture as Jess said "Yes." Our family members have now been able to see our proposal, Jess was the star of a television show, and a special moment was created that Jess and I will never forget. This would never have been possible without The Yes Girls!
- Tim, Orange County, CA
9. Traveling/Memories Maze Marriage Proposal...No matter what life throws at them, he promised they would do life together by traveling and having new experiences (while remaining crazy in love). View full Marriage Proposal Story.
10. A Boy Band Marriage Proposal...She got up and sang karaoke on their first date, so bad voice and all, he returned the favorite with a public, choreographed ensemble...View full Marriage Proposal Story.
11. Romance in Rome Marriage Proposal...With a home video and a personalized picnic he surprised her amongst breathtaking Roman fountains and gardens in Tivoli. She never saw it coming! View full Marriage Proposal Story
Want to start creating your own custom proposal idea? Chose the best proposal package for you.
Why Use The Yes Girls?
More Testimonials and Marriage Proposals From Past Clients:
"I can't thank you girls enough. You have just created THE moment of my life. I just can't tell how wonderful today day is. She was super surprised to see all that happen. It just blew her mind. She loved it and you will definitely witness that from the photos. I want to thank you for making this day one the most memorable days of my life." -Sagar, Half Moon Bay, CA
"She said YES...Ordering was easy and Heather was very helpful in choosing the right way to have my best friend spend the rest of her life with me. What can I say, I am really just a regular guy who does my research and the results were so successful that I just had to share this little gem! Thank You....Thank You....Thank You.... to Heather and the YES GIRLS!!!!!" - Bryan, Dana Point, CA
Want more information regarding how marriage proposal planning works? Review The Yes Girl's customized marriage proposal packages.
Before You Propose
Considerations before planning your perfect marriage proposal from a proposal planner.
Is it important to your girlfriend that you ask her parents or someone in her family for their blessing? Even if you believe it's an old tradition, take the time to call/skype her family or take them out to dinner before you pop the question. This way you avoid any hurt and surprised family members.
Her engagement Ring
Trying on rings beforehand is always a plus! Many women tend to love a certain style/setting until they try on the ring and find another style fits their finger better.
If you or her want the ring to be a complete surprise then do some research. Consult her best friends and listen carefully to any hints she drops. It is not a bad idea to have her friends take her ring shopping for fun; she may think you have no idea she browsed engagement rings, yet you were totally in the know with her friends.
Timing is Everything
Think ahead. Has she hinted at a Summer or Fall Wedding? It is always considerate to propose at least 6 months prior to the wedding. If she wants a shorter engagement then let her be the one to decide. Better safe on time than sorry.
On bended knee
It was and still is a form of respect when asking for her hand in marriage. When you ask her to marry you, without a doubt, get down on one knee.
Marriage Proposal Day/After She Says "Yes"
If you opt not to have friends or family present at the marriage proposal, make sure to allot time for her to call her folks and share the excitement with those closest to her! The perfect solution is to plan a surprise engagement party following the marriage proposal. Her parents, siser, aunt or best friend usually are more than willing to step up to the plate and coordinate the engagement party so you can focus and put your efforts into the marriage proposal.
You wore what?
As you begin brainstorming marriage proposal ideas, consider what your girlfriend would prefer to be wearing and doing before you propose. Believe it or not, girls do have a preference (whether dressy or casual). Some ladies want to be dolled up/dressed to impress, while others are comfortable rockin' jeans and a tee as long as it's a complete surprise. If you're girlfriend typically wears make-up and is pretty trendy, it's probably best not to propose while she is in her pjs. This is just something to consider.
Marriage Proposal Advice and The Ring
How to Create the Perfect Marriage Proposal Speech
It's the much anticipated question and moment in your life where you want to say the perfect thing but instead fear mumbling a few words before blurting our "will you marry me?" Not sure what to say? Read how to create and feel confident in your perfect marriage proposal speech...The Yes Girls.
Why hire a proposal planner
Would you cook a five course meal and serve it on a paper plate? Of course not. Hiring a marriage proposal planner to help with your romantic (and stress-free) execution is the same idea. An experienced and creative proposal planner can take a marriage proposal from thoughtless to thoughtful, and it's worth every penny... The Yes Girls
How to Avoid Proposal Day Arguments
It is not uncommon for couples to get into tiffs on their engagement day. In most cases, gentlemen want everything to go perfectly and according to plan; their girlfriends somehow begin deviating from the plan resulting in… you guessed it, an argument. Read four simple ways to dodge marriage proposal day arguments here...The Yes Girls.
Getting marriage Proposal Day Jitters?
Past clients share what they were most nervous about regarding their marriage proposal. We found little techniques that helped calm their nerves. Read more here...The Yes Girls.
Use All your senses: how to perfect your marriage proposal idea
To help your future wife remember all of your marriage proposal, why not incorporate items that adhere to all her five senses? It makes sense right? Read more here...The Yes Girls
Tips for Engagement Ring Shopping
The right questions to ask your jeweler so you find the perfect engagement ring and avoid potential issues. Read more here...The Yes Girls.
The history of the marriage proposal
- The marriage proposal on bended knee is still rather new to our society. Before a man began proposing on one knee, he used to kidnap his bride-to-be from her family's home! - ehow.com
- Genuflection, bending one knee to the ground, was from early times a gesture of deep respect for a superior." -wikipedia
- Why give a marriage proposal on bended knee now? Some say it is showing a sign of respect, like when knights received an honor. Also, it gives the ring a chance to be showcased in between the man and woman.
- In the United Kingdom and Ireland, 29 February in a leap year is said to be the one day when a woman can propose to her partner." -wikipedia